Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Story: The Bumbling God Part 4

Krishna continued to live as a young man in the forest with the others of his former village. But he was not ever completely safe. Demons were constantly hunting for him but his location was never found for one key reason. Whenever a demon found him, the demon would somehow die before it could relate that information to the others like it. This happened so often that it become a bit of a great threat within the community of demons. They all spoke that if you entered the forest, you would be struck dead. None of them knew why though for everyone who went died.

Finally the demons heard what was happening. They pretended to be regular humans and they listened to the stories of the people that lived in the forest and the people spoke of a man who was immune to the threat of demons. Finally the boy had been found. The demons prepared a great force to send against him in order to finally end him. They assumed he must have been some kind of great warrior unlike any other that had lived before since he defeated so many demons already at such a young age. They armed themselves and prepared in great numbers for their assault. They assumed many of their kind would fall in the attack but they continued with their work.

The day of the attack came. The boy was known to be fishing out on the ocean and he would be an easy target. He wouldn’t have whatever powerful weapons he was using to fight the demons in the past, they assumed. Several of the demons took the form of fish and began swimming looking for the boat with the boy that had to be Krishna. The demons spotted a boat with two people on it - a sickly young man and a brawny, strong figure working with him. The demons did not know that the stronger man was Krishna’s cousin and not Krishna himself. The demons returned to the others like them and informed them that they had found the boy. The demos swarmed across the ocean, taking the form of giant serpents and great sea monsters. They rapidly approached the boat and the two young men on the boat spotted the horrible onslaught and grew horribly fearful for their lives and they ducked down and hid under their nets.

Just as the demons were about to fall on the boat and kill the two young men, suddenly a great storm swept up, sending fierce waves that crushed the demons. The boys assumed the monsters had seized the boat as it swayed viciously in the storm, but after several hours of horrible tossing, the boat stopped and sat in still waters. They had survived and the entire demon army had been killed in the storm. The boy Krishna had lived again. The rumors grew fierce that there was a boy who no one could harm and this word spread far and wide reaching a certain king with a certain grudge against the boy.

Author's note: I have continued the series that I started a few weeks ago and I'm still having fun with it. This is one of the few that I wrote completely from scratch without basing it on a specific story or instance in the epified piece. I had fun with it and though it's gotten a bit predictable, I think I'm going to spice it up in the next few iterations.

Bibliography: Epified Krishna, link

File:Death of Krishna - Illustrations from the Barddhaman edition of Mahabharata.jpg
(Death of Krishna, wikimedia commons)

5 comments:

  1. Spicing it up is always good! Although I haven't read the first three parts of your story, I still enjoyed this fourth part. I think it's awesome that you are creative enough to not need to base your story off one that you saw in the epified videos, especially since they don't seem to show one coherent story throughout the video in this series.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krishna's childhood can be so fascinating. I also wrote a couple stories about Krishna, drawing similarities between him and Hercules. I really like the way you wrote your story though. Krishna doesn't seem like a very threatening character at all, but he is arguably the most powerful in the Indian epics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love stories of Krishna! And I really appreciate that you took it upon yourself to create your own story with a known character in mind. I honestly think it worked very well in your favor! I read (I think) the first story in this series, I'll have to go back and read the ones I missed! Good luck adding in your spice ;) I'll be back! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't had the chance to read parts one though three, but I'm really impressed that I wasn't lost or confused. Your story line was very intriguing and kept me wanted to read more. I really enjoyed how you used the storm to kill the demons. I was impressed with the fact that you've made this story up from scratch. I will decently have to go back and read parts one though three, great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Again, I loved your writing! I thought it was an interesting concept that it was the earth that was winning Krishna's battles for him. I think its cool that the terrifying hero is just a boy, and I like how you made him "weak". It just further proved that you can be different and still save the world! Great job on all these stories!

    ReplyDelete