Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Story Planning: The Bumbling God series

So I have decided I actually want to put some more planning into my next piece in the series that I’ve been writing. They’ve gotten very repetitive and personally, I would say that has made them very predictable and quite stale so I wanted to take this week to really plan out what I wanted to do with this series now.

            For those that are new to this piece, the idea of this series is that Krishna is actually a frail, sickly child who only survives due to blind luck rather than godly powers. I’ve based this on the original narrative I found in the Epified version of “Krishna”.

            My original idea was to finally kill Krishna off but that seemed too on the head and a very satisfying ending for this work so thought maybe I should put him in a situation where he actually suffers and doesn’t get magically saved. I’m ultimately leaning to this idea but I’m still not certain how this piece needs to end. The style has been fairly macabre for the most part and I don’t want to mess that up with a suddenly extremely dark or upbeat piece. I’ll probably leave the style untouched this time and focus mainly on changing up what actually happens in this story.


Character development has been pretty weak so far and so I think I want to really flesh out Krishna as a character for once. In most the stories so far stuff happens to him instead of him doing something. I’m going to try to change this up so he is actually the actor. I think having him actually cause something to change in the world will actually make the whole series more enjoyable and give more weight to his character as well. This is the biggest change I want to make. He needs to be more substantive in the work.

Bibliography: epified Krishna, link


File:Bodleian Library Indian paintings MS. Douce Or. a.3 fol30r.jpg
(Bodleian Library Indian paintings, wikimedia commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment