Tuesday, October 4, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata Part B

Again, I just want to reiterate what a creative method of presentation this is. I haven’t seen that many white-board animated videos before but just seeing this series has intrigued me to go and try to seek out others. It’s a unique style that I really hadn’t seen until now and I’ve really enjoyed it. The story itself develops as the drawing develops. It would take some careful timing and writing to put together and it might be easier to just do the drawing and then put the voice parts on top. I imagine it’d be hard to time out the drawing itself but now that I think about it, you could probably control it by just changing the speed at which the drawing is played back. It’d be a subtle change for the viewer but make very significant changes for the animators and writers who are trying to fit the narrative story to the images being presented.


The story itself is still very barebones. Even though I read the public domain edition, I still feel that went far more in depth than these pieces do. I’d be interested in perhaps seeing them make a longer piece or perhaps a podcast version that you can just listen to. That way you can get the material and their creative flair but also get more depth with the material instead of just an overview. As a glimpse into the Mahabharata, it’s okay. It could be better but it’s good introduction or review for whoever finds it. It’s not going to give you all the little details, but it has enough entertainment value to keep you watching videos about a subject that you might not otherwise watch. I know I was surprised by how much I enjoy the format. It’s really a unique and creative presenation style for this epic.

Biblography: Karmic Revoltion, Epified


File:COLLECTIE TROPENMUSEUM Wajang kulit pop voorstellende Yudhistira TMnr 8-264.jpg
(Wajang kulit pop voorstellende Yudhistira, wikimedia commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment