Monday, October 10, 2016

Week 8 Reflections

For the most part, I've enjoyed most of the reading this semester. The Ramayana was definitely was favorite reading thus far and that's probably because it felt more like it was a continuous narrative whereas the Mahabharata was more disjointed and oftentimes felt like it was many separate stories even when it did have a continuous story going on. That's not to say it was unpleasant. It was still fun to read, just not as good as the Ramayana in my opinion. I really did like the few times we had riddles though and so I'm considering reading a collection of riddles that was shown to me by Laura for the next reading assignment. I think I've been doing a pretty good job on reading notes so that I haven't really had any problems writing a story post each week.

The writing has been fun in this class. I often am not really sure what I'm going to write about until Wednesday hits and I need to think of something, but it's worked out so far. The two pieces in my portfolio so far are a bit absurd, so I may try to keep that theme going as we move forward in the semester.

I've really enjoyed reading everyone else's different stories this semester quite a bit. It's been a lot of fun to get to see so many different ideas and opinions from my fellow classmates. I've tried to give pretty good feedback that I myself would want - the kind that seeks to not only praise but also to improve the piece being discussed. Overall, I think this has been a fun class and I'm looking forward to the rest of it.

File:The golden abode of King Ravana India.jpg
(The golden abode of King Ravana India, wikimedia commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment