Monday, October 3, 2016

Reading Notes: Epified Mahabharata part A

So I chose to watch the white-board animated option for this week’s reading and though I wasn’t expecting much, I was really impressed with it. This video series is done by Epified and it doesn’t look like they’ve completely finished everything yet as they’re doing one video a week but from just watching this part A collection, I’ve been very impressed. It’s an entirely unique and creative way of presenting this narrative epic in an extremely simplistic but still easy to follow yet significant manner. It’s very well done. The artist(s) are very good at what they do and the narrators do an excellent job of explaining what is going on. It does sometimes feel a little more like summary though and I occasionally wish it would go just a bit deeper with the material. As a review, it’s great. I do find myself struggling with the names often because I guess I pronounced them differently in my head when reading them than what they’re actually supposed to be and that results in this kind of disconnect where I don’t know who is being talked about currently at times but usually I can get back in to the material as soon as they give some information about what the person is doing and then I remember.


Ultimately, I wish I could do something like this. I can’t draw and I can’t animate so I’m kind of out of luck on that front but it’s something I think I’d really enjoy. I like writing and though I’m not the best at it, it’s still a fun hobby of mine that I like to practice whenever I can. Seeing things like this tempts to me to grab some animation software so I can make my own animated stuff but I guess I know I’ll never end up doing it.

Biblography: Karmic Revolution, Epified, link

File:General Bhimasen.jpg
(General Bhimasen, wikimedia commons)

No comments:

Post a Comment