Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Week 8 Growth Mindset

Though I haven't been directly trying to maintain the growth mindset as it's been set forth, I think I've done a good job of sticking to the basic ideas of it. I've tried to always do my best this semester and though it's been tough to be motivated as this is my senior year and I'm spending a lot of time working of job apps that I wish I could use to study. I still think I've been doing a pretty good job of trying to go above and beyond with my material when I have the time to do so. I hope that with the rest of the semester I can try maybe a little bit harder and improve my performance in my classes. I'm of the mindset that if I do my best and it's still not good enough, I can accept that I did everything I could to do well with something. It's not ideal but with time constraints, this semester has forced me to be very rigorous in how I schedule and do my work.

Image result for growth mindset
(Growth Mindset brain, Pixabay)

3 comments:

  1. I completely understand how having a rigorous schedule can really hinder your ability to do things exactly the way you want them to be done. I applaud you for still being motivated and keeping up with your responsibilities though. We all feel like we could do better but it’s the fact that we actually strive to do so that counts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so feel you when it comes to staying motivated as a senior. I didn't really believe in senioritis until I was infected by it. I also feel similarly about my best not being my best. It's hard setting any standards. If I reach them, then it's too low. If I set them too high, I become deflated when I feel I didn't reach it. I try to set the bar where I see fit and then really commit the honest time I have to making it work, and then I tend to feel slightly more successful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Jeff! I absolutely agree with you! However I’m not filling about job applications I should be graduating this coming spring if I hadn’t transferred so many times. So the thought in the back of my head is always there that you should be almost done but really I have a while to go once I get into graduate school!

    ReplyDelete